Visiting the Royal Scandinavian Mint (RSM) web site should be a secure and pleasant experience, where customers can be assured that their personal information will not be compromised or abused in any way. However, if you decide to purchase product from this site you are required to enter and share some personal information.
- Scope: Information supplied to RSM through this web site can and will be used by RSM only. RSM does not sell, trade, lend or let other companies or organizations use its databases for marketing purposes. RSM does employ other companies and/or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card payments (CardPayment Solutions), mailing newsletters and managing postal address files (BeyondMail). These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Customer Agreement: Unless requested by you, either by placing an order, attempting to place an order, or signing up for e-mail newsletters, you will not be contacted by RSM. By placing an order, attempting to place an order, or signing up for e-mail newsletters, you agree to have information stored and used in RSM databases, and that contact can be made by RSM through either e-mail, postal mail or by telephone. However, if you tell us that you would prefer not to be contacted, we promise to respect your privacy.
- Personal Information: Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, and other information when needed to provide a service you requested. When you shop with RSM we will collect your billing and/or shipping address information, your credit card information (unless payment is by check or money order), information on what products you would like, and your telephone number and/or e-mail address so that we can contact you should there be a problem with your credit card or order. For e-mail newsletter subscriptions, we require just your e-mail address. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Sales Information: We also collect information about sales through the site, such as number of transactions, order values, and number of abandoned shopping carts. We collect this information for internal use only, and never connect it to your personal information.
- Account registration: If you register an account on this site, you will be asked to provide a user name and a password that will be stored for future use. This information will help protect your account information, and make shopping on the site easier. Your account will contain the following information: name, address, phone number and e-mail address, a record of addresses that you ship orders to, a history of orders you have placed with us and their status, as well as a record of what e-mail services you have subscribed to, if any. By logging in with your password you will be able to review or modify this information at any time. RSM can also do this on your behalf if you contact customer service.
- Law: RSM can release account and other personal information if required by law, or if asked by certain other companies and organizations for increased fraud protection and credit risk reduction.